- try & buy
- user community
EMTP-RV is an advanced, yet easy-to-use graphical user interface that maximizes the capabilities of the underlying EMTP-RV engine. EMTPWorks offers drag-and-drop convenience that lets users quickly design, modify and simulate electric power systems. A drawing canvas and the ability to externally program device data allows users to fully customize simulations to their needs. EMTPWorks can be used for small systems or very large-scale systems.
EMTP-RV has a powerful GUI called EMTPWorks which is also its simulation environment. It is designed to efficiently create and maintain small circuits as well as very large scale networks.EMTPWorks has an open-architecture for maximized user configurability from basic user-defined model assemblies to more advanced script based programming.EMTPWorks offers script methods for simple data management tasks to more advanced object attribute settings, library functions and network device symbol redrawing and updating.Each device is given its data web using DHTML.Device data web pages can reside on the user’s computer or anywhere on the web. The script source code of all device data management functions is available to the user.EMTPWorks has automatic subcircuit creation methods with unlimited levels of hierarchy.Subcircuit masking options can accommodate user programming from simple data statements to more complex scripts and data capture panels.
- It provides a large collection of scripts for modifying and/or updating almost anything appearing on the design canvas.
- All built-in devices are scripted for data and device symbol handling. Device symbols can be contextually updated through scripts. A device symbol editor is also available
- User can create his own devices and externally program the full data handling methods
- In addition to device scripting, EMTPWorks provides full design scripting. Scripts are used to search for devices or to retrieve and modify data for a large number of devices using a few lines of script. Scripts can be also applied to signals
- Scripts are also used to generate the static Netlist submitted to EMTP-RV
EMTPWorks provides unsurpassed customization options and can be easily converted and used for other applications in power system analysis.